Help: Cygwin Ssh And Zone Alarm

TheUsualAlex

Hello,

Does anyone here have any success getting the Cygwin SSH to work when Zone Alarm (6.0 and above, I think) is running? :(

I looked around, found some pages I thought might help, but doesn't seems to work for me. Just wondering anyone here had run into those problem. Thus far I think Zone Alarm is the only program that seems to have trouble with cygwin ssh...

Thanks!

Alex

If you're running WinXP SP2, is there even any need for Zone Alarm?

24028[/snapback]

Probably not. I got zone alarm about 2 years ago. My support license expired. Since I couldn't get cygwin ssh and other stuff to work when Zone Alarm is installed, I just remove it and not renew my license with them. Seems like Zone Labs don't play very nicely others these days... : p

• 2 weeks later...
from what I know the firewall and security in xp is bad bad bad.

But its better than nothing. I like having a firewall and AV stuff

even if it is sometimes trouble. Better a little trouble now than

a lot more later.

My 2 cents

24164[/snapback]

Yeah... I liked and *had* used Zone Alarm firewall, but these days Zone Alarm doesn't seems to play very nice... I like and use Trend Micro internet Security for AV stuff, but their firewall is okay...

for my windows box i just use the windows firewall and i always have a router attached with a built in firewall.. even if i'm not running a network, i still use the router as a safe guard and i've never had a problem.. zone alarm always seemed terrible so i just never touched it and routers are cheap enough as a hardware solution so why bother with a software one..