Fluid Explosion with Viscosity

EpikKamikaze

Hey guys, I was having a little trouble with my fluid explosion. I want it to be very similar to this but I'm having a few problems.

1. The ground plane doesn't react with the fluid.

2. I want the explode the fluid in a series of directions but for some reason, it is only going in one.

3. I can't seem to get it to burst. Instead, it keeps emitting 

I'm sorry I haven't done any fluid simulation before but really want to learn. Thank you!

Fluid_Explosion_002.hip

test_splash_GIF-downsized_large.gif

1. The ground plane doesn't react with the fluid because your inputs are switched. In DOPs, order matters! Generally, you need to go colliders --> dopobject (and solver stuff) left --> right. In other  words, just select the merge and hit "shift + r"

2. The reason is coming from your "force". If you look at the Normals (v@N) that you've assigned, they're only pointing in one direction!

3. If you want it to stop emitting, you can either just feed it the source points, and it will only exist on the first frame and you can blow it out, or you can keyframe the source activation and it will emit however long you want it to.

Here's your file with some changes to address your list that you can poke around in

Fluid_Explosion_002_fix.hip

9 hours ago, jamesr said:

1. The ground plane doesn't react with the fluid because your inputs are switched. In DOPs, order matters! Generally, you need to go colliders --> dopobject (and solver stuff) left --> right. In other  words, just select the merge and hit "shift + r"

2. The reason is coming from your "force". If you look at the Normals (v@N) that you've assigned, they're only pointing in one direction!

3. If you want it to stop emitting, you can either just feed it the source points, and it will only exist on the first frame and you can blow it out, or you can keyframe the source activation and it will emit however long you want it to.

Here's your file with some changes to address your list that you can poke around in

Fluid_Explosion_002_fix.hip

James, you are the best! Thank you so much man!

I'm sorry I'm such a noob haha.