RBD fracture - id per set of constrained pieces

Mohanpugaz

Hi guys,
Im doing a simple fracture sim with rbdpacked object and constraint network and breaking few constraints dynamically. so endup with clusters of pieces as usual.

Is there any way to get an id attr per set of pieces constrained together after the sim?

Thanks in advance.

57 minutes ago, Mohanpugaz said:

Hi guys,
Im doing a simple fracture sim with rbdpacked object and constraint network and breaking few constraints dynamically. so endup with clusters of pieces as usual.

Is there any way to get an id attr per set of pieces constrained together after the sim?

Thanks in advance.

You want your packed object to have an attribute that is the same among them when  a constraint is still alive between them at the end of the sim ?

I think you can manage that with Wrangle using a solver or multisolver.

But how do you deal is, say, you have three pieces, one being constrained to the two others (1 object appearing in two constraints), but the others having only one constraint ? You can’t have a unique attribute...

can you explain more what you want to achieve ?

Thanks for reply, I want unique id for each group of constrained pieces not an attr for pieces which are still constrained. Lets say i want to apply a random color for each bundle.

Ill post an example once im back to my PC.

Im trying to do cheap softbody tearing using RBDs.