Convolve Cop

Mcronin

I told George I was working on this VEX edge detector and I wanted to hit each pixel in the control line image with a brush, sort of like copy stamping a smaller image on to a larger image. I was thinking about attemping to do this in the HDK, but he suggested I try the Convolve COP. It seems to *sort of* work (see attached pic).

I was wondering a few things though... Is there any method by which I can use a plane in the image to contol the scale of the kernel image? I can use a dialate/erode to fatten the lines up in the control image, but I'm wondering if there is a way to do stamping with this using attributes. The reason why I ask is because I want to additionally brush an image that is basicly stippled, each stippled pixel containing brush attributes (scale and orientation or whatever).

The other thing is the image itself. It's OK, and with a few additional COPs it can look a whole lot better, but notice where the sphere is clipped frame top and frame bottom; Convolve lays the kernel image down really thick until it picks up the edge again... There are no edges there in the control image. Is there anyway to avoid this other than rendering a slightly larger image and cropping it?

Thanks,

post-257-1140488911_thumb.jpg