Looping Sop

jjstanley

not sure if I get what you're saying....

If you want to apply the same effect again every frame (so say you move it up by 1 on frame one, then another 1 on frame two for a total of 2), and you can't write an expression for it, use sop solvers, since they'll let you carry over changes to the next frame.

Thanks for your replys. The Sopsolver DOP looks like it should work great but having some trouble getting it working. Still trying to get the feel for DOPs =) Say tha I have a grid and then want to take some points on the grid and move them up by 1 on every frame, how would I connect the nodes?

Thanks for your replys. The Sopsolver DOP looks like it should work great but having some trouble getting it working. Still trying to get the feel for DOPs =) Say tha I have a grid and then want to take some points on the grid and move them up by 1 on every frame, how would I connect the nodes?

24986[/snapback]

This doesn't answer your question directly - it changes the colors of each point based on the frame number , rather than the position- but it shows the structure of the solution. Though I have to say that simply wanting to move some points based on the frame number seems like it doesn't require something as complicated as this. Can't you stay in SOPs with the group SOP and a point SOP to do what you want?

sopSolverColor.hip

This doesn't answer your question directly - it changes the colors of each point based on the frame number , rather than the position- but it shows the structure of the solution. Though I have to say that simply wanting to move some points based on the frame number seems like it doesn't require something as complicated as this. Can't you stay in SOPs with the group SOP and a point SOP to do what you want?

24990[/snapback]

I'll have a look at your file tonight. What I want to do is create a rolling tunnel wave for a surfer to ride. Most solutions I have found break down once the crest of the wave goes forward of the inside of the curl. My idea was to hav a bounding shape which would move across the grid. The longer that a point is withing the bounding area the higher it rises and the more it curls.

There may be a better way to go about this problem and if any of you have any ideas I would love to hear them. My only other solution that does sort of work was to model the wave at diferent stages and use a sequence blend. It does work but I would like to find a procedrual approach which could be applied on a larger scale.