Sop Metaballs ->i3d ...v Problem

qba3d

Hello!

I`m a rookie in Houdini world.. but was tempted by its widely know effects posibilites..

So me and my friend started with tornado...

In SOP we have created a particle system driven by some forces - and it works great. Then using Copy - I created a metaball cloud to create i3d.

The problem is - i need a motion blur, but dont want to make a new tornado inside pop.. so please could someone tell me how to get a velocity v attribute inside SOP?

I get errors during rendering: no v attribute found

Oh.. remember i`m from XSI / Maya background , while i use them normally at work .. so use a simple words :)

thank You kindly

Kuba

Thank You. I know that points from POP will have v, but what I look for is a solution that will let me keep my SOP setup with particles and get that v somehow:) looks like it is harder than i thought...:( will i have to recreate it in POP?

Thank You!

Kuba

middle click on the SOP that is wired to the template input of the Copy SOP....look down at the bottom where it lists the attributes...does it have a "v" ?

if it does, turning on copyTemplatePointAttribs will allow that attribute to pass through the copy SOP to your metaballs...

HTH

Hi, its me again...

i found some problems..

I found a coreletion betwean - particle count and a render time - thats normal, but i also found that it does not get any more details - no mather how many particles are there.. so does any one know how to get a good number of details with i3d - in - tornado in my case?

i get a long render times , bad quality .. and so on..

is there some problem with rendering more then one cloud at the same time??

Q

thank You!

Some things to add more detail (and render time!)

- in your i3d generator turn up resolution to 256, 512, or 1024 (ouch!)

- in your fog shader lower step size and turn off adaptive steps

Some users were still experiencing render glitches so if you get something nasty

package it up and send it to SESI.