Unique Otl Instance Id

hello,

Is there an instance id associated with an otl in a scene that's accesable via hscript/expressions?

Say I have an olt called MyFancy otl and I have this otl in the scene at least 3 times within various networks. Is there a unique ID assigned to each instance of this otl?

I need to write some text data to disk but I need this date to be unique per operator instance. I can't use the network path because that could be the same in another scene.

Edit: worse case I guess I can write a custom expression to generate a unique id for each instance.

Thanks,

/Rick

I have a vague idea that they have recently added a function like this to H8, I'll have to do some digging.

If not how about using the onCreated event script to increment a global variable that is then picked up and used to set a parameter on your asset, this channel could then be used as your unique id.

I have a vague idea that they have recently added a function like this to H8, I'll have to do some digging.

If not how about using the onCreated event script to increment a global variable that is then picked up and used to set a parameter on your asset, this channel could then be used as your unique id.

25727[/snapback]

Yeah I think this might be the way to go.

Basically I'm working on a Geometry Cacher otl and I have most of the inner workings wrapped up. One feature is to delete old cache files. The problem comes in when I need to find only the cache files written from this instance of the otl. It gets tricky because I have several options on how to name the cache file so it would not necessarly be the same name every time.

I was hoping to embed the id of the otl into the filename so it can be easily found by my parsing script.

For now I'll work on generating a unique id myself or even possibly logging the path for the cache file into an inivisble parameter in the otl. I just have do some tests and research to see what the limits are on the string parameter type.

Thanks!