4hr FLIP render resulted in single frame .pic output

Hi all,

First time poster, very new Houdini learner. Attempted to render a FLIP fluid simulation in Mantra, rendered to disk. Changed the file save type from .exr to .pic as I had read that this removes the watermark for Apprentice users. The render took 4 hours, however the resulting file output is a single .picnc file of 2017kb. Having looked over the Mantra parameters (screenshots attached of what I thought might be relevant information) I can't see anything that might explain why this happened. If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your time & advice.

MantraSettings.PNG

Pic file.PNG

RenderParameters1.PNG

RenderParameters2.PNG

You rendered an entire sequence to $HIP/render/Water_Donut.pic. If you want each frame to be different, you need to include $F somewhere in your output file path, e.g. $HIP/render/Water_Donut.$F4.pic. If you're just trying to render a single frame, change the Valid Frame Range to "Render Single Frame."

Edited by toadstorm
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, toadstorm said:

You rendered an entire sequence to $HIP/render/Water_Donut.pic. If you want each frame to be different, you need to include $F somewhere in your output file path, e.g. $HIP/render/Water_Donut.$F4.pic. If you're just trying to render a single frame, change the Valid Frame Range to "Render Single Frame."

Wow. That makes sense. It is indeed a zig-zag learning curve. 

Thanks so much for your advice. Very much appreciated!