Split Pop And Life Of Particles

Ratman

Hello all, so i'm working on a simple scene where i got a location pop emitting particles in the Y axis with a life expentancy of 3 with .5 variance, all is well, after sever forces POPs and all that, i get to the collision POP where i make the particle strick a surfice where i make em stick, so i can emitte particles from that later, all sounds well and all, but when i take a look at the collision, the particles stick, but then dissapear due to the life of the particles from the location POP, i also tried the preserve group in the collision POP but that didn't seem to work. Anyone got any idea?

Thanks,

Rick

Hello all, so i'm working on a simple scene where i got a location pop emitting particles in the Y axis with a life expentancy of 3 with .5 variance, all is well, after sever forces POPs and all that, i get to the collision POP where i make the particle strick a surfice where i make em stick, so i can emitte particles from that later, all sounds well and all, but when i take a look at the collision, the particles stick, but then dissapear due to the life of the particles from the location POP, i also tried the preserve group in the collision POP but that didn't seem to work. Anyone got any idea?

26174[/snapback]

Hey Rick, check out the attached file and see if it does what you want. I'm grouping the collided particles (in the Collision POP) and overriding their lifespan (via an Age POP).

Cheers!

stickyParticles.hip