Procedural Lightning Tool | Gumroad

Vexosaur

• 8 months later...

Hi Vexosaur :) I was trying to run your scene in Houdini 17 Indie and it shows error as in this screen 

Any clue why ? I would love to play around with that setup.

Ok I got it. File>Import>Houdini Digital Asset and then Install ;) 

Edited by pdci
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi Vexosaur,

I loved your tool and purchased it. I just have one problem though. The bolts change positions every frame. Is it possible that I can hold the position of the bolts for a few frames before they change again?

Please advise. Thank you.

Regards,

Shiv

21 hours ago, shiv_d said:

Hi Vexosaur,

I loved your tool and purchased it. I just have one problem though. The bolts change positions every frame. Is it possible that I can hold the position of the bolts for a few frames before they change again?

Please advise. Thank you.

Regards,

Shiv

Hi Shiv, 

Thanks for the purchase, glad you are enjoying it. The resample lifetime controls how often the bolt will find a new contact point or do you want them to remain completely stationary for a few frames at a time?

37 minutes ago, Vexosaur said:

Hi Shiv, 

Thanks for the purchase, glad you are enjoying it. The resample lifetime controls how often the bolt will find a new contact point or do you want them to remain completely stationary for a few frames at a time?

Hi Vexosaur,

I was them to remain completely stationary for a few frames at a time. Instead of changing position every frame, it should change every 3rd of 4th frame.

Thanks!

Regards,

Shiv

3 hours ago, shiv_d said:

Hi Vexosaur,

I was them to remain completely stationary for a few frames at a time. Instead of changing position every frame, it should change every 3rd of 4th frame.

Thanks!

Regards,

Shiv

To do that you will need to modify it a bit, if you allow editing of contents and then find the 3 noise attribute VOPs inside the for loop then add these two nodes and change the divide constant amount to change the speed it changes

edit: you will also need to turn lift to zero

Screenshot 2021-07-24 105420.png

Edited by Vexosaur
More info

Hi Vex,

I did exactly as you suggested by adding those two nodes inside the three noise vop nodes within the for loop but it doesn't change the speed. I just want each lightning bolt to stay for 3-4 frames before changing positions.

Thanks and Regards,

Shiv

13 hours ago, shiv_d said:

Hi Vex,

I did exactly as you suggested by adding those two nodes inside the three noise vop nodes within the for loop but it doesn't change the speed. I just want each lightning bolt to stay for 3-4 frames before changing positions.

Thanks and Regards,

Shiv

Is your emitter still moving? It will follow it because that is how it is set up. You would either need to make the emitter static or make the changes to how it sources the start points.