grab wire sim

tamagochy

Hi all,

I need grab wire sim rope in some frame. Wire constraints point to point, so position of the constraint points should be the same with rope's one in that frame.
I try to use sop solver to import geometry, isolate needed points and then use position dop to update position of the constraint obj but its doesn't work.
I need to do it inside DOP, because manual animation its a hell with sim objects.

So I need to dynamically change position of the constraint obj, or create wire constraint, based on sim points of the rope in some frame inside DOP.
Is it possible?

Hi, I think yes it is. As it's possible with RBD objects create constraints during the simulation, it should be possible with wires. The same principles can be applied. Another idea could be also using "pintoanimation" or "gluetoanimation" attributes without constraints, if you need to anchor it to world space or to a static/fixed object. Maybe can you post a simplified hip?

the problem is constraint obj should be animated. Everything is working well if constraints obj static or animated before dop, but I need to create constraint obj inside DOP from part of the sim obj in some frame and animate from this frame...

Example it's man grab rope blowing on the wind. And I got animation and need to fit simulation to this animation.