Wood Destruction - Cone Twist

gfern93

ezgif.com-optimize.gif.1b974d70c3df300d61950cabae65e236.gif

Hello odforce!

So I'm having my first go with the cone twist constraints to simulate wood breaking, I researched around and it seems they are the best way to achieve the "bend before break" effect seen in wood. So I've got a pretty decent setup so far, the planks are connected w/the cone twist constraint, the posts have a regular glue, and there's an overall glue to keep everything together. The only issue is this Y-axis bendiness the planks seem to have as if they're sushi mattes! (The one that falls closest to camera is the most obvious) I've tried adjusting Max Up, Out and Twist, but can't seem to find a balance between the planks not responding to the force of the ball, or bending all over. I'd appreciate any tips to help keep the planks stiff while still bending from the force, or just in general to help improve this sim! Thanks in advance for reading.

5 hours ago, ThomasPara said:

Adjusting the rotational stiffness on the rbd object can help. You can also increase the substeps on the conetwist constraint.

On 6/7/2018 at 9:56 AM, tamagochy said:

you should play with angle and force thresholds, and mass of the stone and wood.

Thanks guys I'm going to try these out!