Sign in to follow this  
logix1390

pyro parent to animation

Hello,

I have a simple animation of a ball moving across the screen. ( This is supposed to represent an object moving across a very long distance)

I want to transform that ball to the center and simulate fire.

after the simulation I want to transform the fire back to the original animation.

However, even though I inherit the velocity of the animation, the fire still looks parented and unnatural .

Is there a way to simulate at the center of the world and then transform that simulation back without it looking unnatural and parented?

The reason i want to sim at the center is because it would be much more difficult to simulate fast moving objects traveling across very long distances. 

I was thinking maybe some sort of average of the transformation of the ball?? I'm just not sure how.

I will attach a scene file for anyone who wants to take a look

Thank you

pyro_parent_back_to_anim.hip

6 hours ago, logix1390 said:

Hello,

I have a simple animation of a ball moving across the screen. ( This is supposed to represent an object moving across a very long distance)

I want to transform that ball to the center and simulate fire.

after the simulation I want to transform the fire back to the original animation.

However, even though I inherit the velocity of the animation, the fire still looks parented and unnatural .

Is there a way to simulate at the center of the world and then transform that simulation back without it looking unnatural and parented?

The reason i want to sim at the center is because it would be much more difficult to simulate fast moving objects traveling across very long distances. 

I was thinking maybe some sort of average of the transformation of the ball?? I'm just not sure how.

I will attach a scene file for anyone who wants to take a look

Thank you

pyro_parent_back_to_anim.hip

Hi 

For long distance sims pyro clustering is the option to go for.Have a look at the hip file attached,Hope this setup will work for you :)

Cheers !!

pyroClusterRnD_ODFORCE.hipnc