How to blend or change shaders for an object?

musickent

It is me again :P

I got a question about how to blend or change shaders for an object.

In a simple example, create a grid. go to SHOP, create a layerd shader, in basemap, choose a jpg file; in layer 2, choose another jpg file(this file origins from the former one but brush some brown colour onto it). Then in layer 2's Alpha value field, keyframe it, in frame 1, set alpha value to 0, in frame 100 set alpha value to 1.(in frame 1, the base layer map will be seen. in frame 100, the layer 2 map will be seen)

Back to SOP, apply a UVProject to the whole grid and initiate the uv map, then a Shader SOP for the whole grid.

Render frame 1, the base layer map will perfectly the whole grid. BUT, when rendering the frame 100, you will see that the layer 2 map will be mapped into each face in the grid. totally mess up!

Why?

I want to blend or change the shader for a sky in my project, from day sky to night sky; or change a leaf shader from green to brown with texture. What can I do?

Could anyone tell me how to solve this problem or any other good ways to do it?

Thanks in advance :P:lol:

I second daland's solution...

however, if you still want to do it wih the provided tools, in you example, layer 2 should be set to "uv2(layer2)" by default

all you have to do is switch it to "uv" (base layer) and you should be fine, that's because you can specify different uv sets to different layers on the same model....

cheers.