Shadow Map Generation And Multiprocessing

Is shadow map generation supported with -n <more then 1> option specified for mantra?

For deep shadow maps, it says "Deep resolvers are not currently supported for network rendering. Cannot render shadow", then renderer locks up..

For reqular shadowmaps, it says nothing, but behavior is the same. Mantra freezed.

So, the question is, if multiprocessing is disabled for shadowmaps, is there any way to create them using singlethreaded mode, and then switch to multiprocessing?

I don't think mantra -n (since it's roughly equivalent to mantra -h) is enabled on the Apprentice. In any case, you can turn off the "Generate Final Image" option in the Specific options in the Mantra ROP's parameters. This will then only cause the auto-gen shadow maps to be created.

I don't think mantra -n (since it's roughly equivalent to mantra -h) is enabled on the Apprentice. In any case, you can turn off the "Generate Final Image" option in the Specific options in the Mantra ROP's parameters. This will then only cause the auto-gen shadow maps to be created.

27840[/snapback]

There is no multithreading in apprentice, at least in mine:)

same here... i tried, but failed so it should be apprentice dependend.

27844[/snapback]

I've asked my friend with Master license to check this behaviour, and he said there is the same.. So it isn't related to apprentice only.

Anyway, is there any possibility to control shadowmap generation process? For example, if i want to generate shadow only if it doesn't exists on disk, or if i want generate it with different options or in different take?