Control Shapes With Edgelengthchanges

sanostol

Hi,

i read in an other post that edges are not that fully supported ( may be I got it wrong, but anyway), but what way would You suggest in this case:

I have a creature mesh and defined some shapes with wrinkels modeld in ( or displacements, doesn't matter) and I want to control the intensity of the blend of the shape (morph whatsoever) through the change of the length of some tensor edges. for example over the eye, when the brow is raised the edges above get compressed and i want to use this as a attribute to control the morph or displacementmaps, or even bump.

what would You suggest? can I get hold of the edgelenth or is there a houdini way again :rolleyes:

martin

There are no edges as different components in houdini.

They are described from point nr, see some edge sop for example (edgedivide...etc)

I don't think renderman support edges too.

Therefore there are no edge attributes, but you can turn edges into primitives and measure their lengths, I attached a simple example.

Don't know how to summarize attrib values though.

You could try to build something like xsi weight map, based on points positions, it shouldn't be too hard.

measure_edges.hipnc

thanks for Your effort, peliosis.

I will look into You example as soon as I'm home again

martin

There are no edges as different components in houdini.

They are described from point nr, see some edge sop for example (edgedivide...etc)

I don't think renderman support edges too.

Therefore there are no edge attributes, but you can turn edges into primitives and measure their lengths, I attached a simple example.

Don't know how to summarize attrib values though.

You could try to build something like xsi weight map, based on points positions, it shouldn't be too hard.

27858[/snapback]