Mantra -n Occlusion Problem

hi!

Does anyone knows why mantra doesnt want to render occlusion with -n option on linux (ubuntu). Besides i experienced problems with license manager. It wants to shut down from time to time. Should i consider using other distro than ubuntu ?

tnx

kumpa

hi!

Does anyone knows why mantra doesnt want to render occlusion with -n option on linux (ubuntu). Besides i experienced problems with license manager. It wants to shut down from time to time. Should i consider using other distro than ubuntu ?

tnx

kumpa

28523[/snapback]

Are you talking about occlusion with irradiance caching? If so, I've seen fixes going into the latest 8.1 builds. Which version are you working with?

Are you talking about occlusion with irradiance caching? If so, I've seen fixes going into the latest 8.1 builds. Which version are you working with?

28526[/snapback]

hi!

no, i am talking about ordinary ambient occlusion.I set up render passes using takes, and render just didnt started (with -n 4), but after i removed takes and made scene where i assigned clay shader to every obj in the scene thing started to work, but prior to that it only worked on one thread instead of four. On windows for instance, mantra crashes.. I am still trying to find what i have done wrong. I am using 8.1.625 on ununtu 5.10.

tnx

kumpa