Emitting From The Whole Surface

Rafal123

Hi,

I have poly grid which emits particles. Source POP have options like: points random/ordered, surface random/ordered, etc. But I wanna grid to emits particles using whole surface at once. I mean, grid should emit particles from whole surface or points at the same time.

How do it?

Hi,

I have poly grid which emits particles. Source POP have options like: points random/ordered, surface random/ordered, etc. But I wanna grid to emits particles using whole surface at once. I mean, grid should emit particles from whole surface or points at the same time.

How do it?

28872[/snapback]

Use 2 sources and merge using a collect POP :)

hm... if this aint the answer to your question .. i guess then I didnt got the question :) hm.. dont you mean emit from random surface points AND from suface points at same time? (which means random scattered points.. and points from the surface itself)...

28878[/snapback]

It's true! You can use the scatter SOP with very much points. In the source POP only choose emmit in points (random). And as the scatter SOP add very much points, it will seem that the source emits from the surface (including the native points of the emmiter).

Hi,

How do it?

28872[/snapback]

Hi Rafal,

Considering that a surface have infinite amount of points possible, you'll have to determine for yourself how many points to be birthed off of the surface. In your Source POP, try setting the Impulse birth rate and at Impulse Activation, set it to activate at a single frame to see what happens? Otherwise, to echo what the others said, use Scatter SOP and then determine the amount of points you want on the surface, then in your Source POP's Impulse Birth Rate, set the value to $NPT -- that will allow you to birth particles across the surface all at once.

Hope that helped.

ALex

oh yeah .. danm .. dunno why i was stuck at thinking about polygons.... the -surface- is really different and I'd rather think about converting into polygons first to at least decide how many -points- from the surface you want to emit particles from... yeah.... guess it is...

:) cheers. thanks Alex for that...

hey fellows!

many thanks for answers and infos :)

I just tried all techniques you mentioned and they r great, SCATTER SOP works great,

Alex your advice about Impulse birth rate is what I wanted (going from other 3D app)

damn, I love this software B)