Siggraph 2006

Thought I would throw this out there. Anyone from Odforce going to be at Siggraph this year? I just bought my plane tickets and hotel room yesterday. It would be nice to put faces with all the names on here :). I had gotten free exibit passes through Newtek a while ago (which are probably still available)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I would throw this out there. Anyone from Odforce going to be at Siggraph this year? I just bought my plane tickets and hotel room yesterday. It would be nice to put faces with all the names on here :). I had gotten free exibit passes through Newtek a while ago (which are probably still available)

Good idea to meet up at a hotel bar or something like we did last time. Unfortunately I won't be going this year due to (now floundering, arg) holiday plans. Who's going this year?

Cool... I did the registration for the SideFX party. But I never got an email back (i tried a couple email address). Not sure if its full or what. I think you redeem you passes at the SideFX booth? Hopefully there was room for me. See everyone there hopefully :)

I will be there. Since Excel is the Boston native maybe he should pick a place to meet up at.

My schedule is full Sunday, but Monday should be OK. Monday night is the Chapters Party at the Roxy.

http://party.siggraph.org/

Maybe we could go pound a couple of scorpion bowls and then go get kicked out of the Roxy. What do you say guys?

Cool... I did the registration for the SideFX party. But I never got an email back (i tried a couple email address). Not sure if its full or what. I think you redeem you passes at the SideFX booth? Hopefully there was room for me. See everyone there hopefully :)

If we meet up for a little Odforce get together on Monday and/or head out to the chapters party I'm sure you'll get a pass no problem. Just ask the DJ to play some hip hop and look for a circle of nerds in the middle of the dancefloor. Those would be the SideFX guys and they will have passes.

Maybe we could go pound a couple of scorpion bowls and then go get kicked out of the Roxy. What do you say guys?

If we meet up for a little Odforce get together on Monday and/or head out to the chapters party I'm sure you'll get a pass no problem. Just ask the DJ to play some hip hop and look for a circle of nerds in the middle of the dancefloor. Those would be the SideFX guys and they will have passes.

HAHAHA.... :lol: I'm all for it. I have never been to Siggraph so this is going to be awesome. Cheers everyone!

hey all

me too :blink:

This is great, looks like we'll have a little od.force group showing up. We should definitely have a little gathering on Monday before the chapters party, some place central to the hotels and not too far from The Roxy... Boston's my hometown (but I don't know downtown all that well), I'll start throwing out some suggestions soon and we'll get a time and place figured out.

-JS-

OK, well I think I found a place for us to meet on Monday, my favorite places are all across the river in Cambridge but this place looks like it could be good... I think it's pretty close to where the Chapters party is too, so we can just start drifting over to The Roxy whenever it suits us...

Od.force meet-up :

Monday July 31, 8:30 or 9:00-ish?

Sweetwater Cafe

3 Boylston Place, at "The Alley"

http://www.sweetwatercafeboston.com/

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...024011&om=1

Look for me and MCronin outside on the patio. Or maybe inside.

I look like this:

av-40.jpg

..and MCronin looks like this:

gimli.jpg

See you there!

-JS-

OK, well I think I found a place for us to meet on Monday, my favorite places are all across the river in Cambridge but this place looks like it could be good... I think it's pretty close to where the Chapters party is too, so we can just start drifting over to The Roxy whenever it suits us...

Od.force meet-up :

Monday July 31, 8:30 or 9:00-ish?

Sweetwater Cafe

3 Boylston Place, at "The Alley"

http://www.sweetwatercafeboston.com/

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...024011&om=1

Look for me and MCronin outside on the patio. Or maybe inside.

I look like this:

av-40.jpg

..and MCronin looks like this:

gimli.jpg

See you there!

-JS-

Gyahh.... I can't seem to make it to Siggie.... this is my 3rd year in the row... : p

Have fun and take lots of pics! :)