Rbd Weight Problem

Lukich

Hello. I have a little problem that I can't parse. I'm using DOPs to build a physically correct trebuchet. So far there's a main beam and a weight attached to it. The beam and the weight are two separate RBD objects, the weight is constrained to the shorter shoulder of the beam. So far so good, all constraints work fine, but no matter what I do and how I change the mass of the beam and the weight itself, when I play the simulation, the weight object doesn seem to have any effect on the beam, it always tilts the other way, lifting the weight up. I tried to override the mass, change the size of the weight object, but no use. Here's a file. Do you guys know what I'm doing wrong?

thanks,

Luka

weight_problem.rar

Hey

when i opened it, ur beam justs spins,

i ticked off compute weight, and specified my own,

then adjusted ur beams weight,

and just to attain a bit of a spring, i added a spring constraint

dunno if thats where u wanted to go, but with a bit of fine tuning, it could work :-)

hope this helps

brian

weight_problem.hip

Maybe the file works different on my machine, but when I run the sim, the same thing happens, the beam lifts the weight up whereas ideally it should be the other way around - weight should pull the beam down. I tried to turn off the weights and specify my own, but for some reason it doesn't work.

hey Lukich

i see what u mean about the unpredictable results... so ignore the previous file, sorry about that ;)

i get a feeling that there may be a bug somewhere because when u change the position of the rbdconstraint1(in attached file), if its not centre- it actually doesnt produce accurate results.

wierd

:blink:

weight_problem.hip

I hate bugs. Thanks for pointing that out, aracid. Did you work in 8 or 8.1?

hey Lukich

i cant say its a bug, but it doesnt seem normal,

at this point im expecting a dops expert to tell us to tick something somewhere - cough cough :)

im running it under 8.1, official release

lets hope theres a solution

:blink: