Shader Space Problem

jjstanley

I know this is a problem which has been brought up before but after ready everything I can find on the subject I still can't get a solution. I am working on a shader in VOPs that needs to change opacity based on the distance from a point in world space. I have it working great except that I can only get it to base the distance from the camera. At first I couldn't figure it out because I would have it perfect and then when I would move the camera it was all screwed up again!

How can I reference a point in world or object space to base the opacity change from? I know this has been asked before but I can't find anything to help me out on this one <_<

I know this is a problem which has been brought up before but after ready everything I can find on the subject I still can't get a solution. I am working on a shader in VOPs that needs to change opacity based on the distance from a point in world space. I have it working great except that I can only get it to base the distance from the camera. At first I couldn't figure it out because I would have it perfect and then when I would move the camera it was all screwed up again!

How can I reference a point in world or object space to base the opacity change from? I know this has been asked before but I can't find anything to help me out on this one <_<

If I understand you right you should use Space Change To Object VOP and Null Obj in your scene. That null will be like a reference to your "world" coordinate system.