I3d Twister

pld

Hi All,

I've been following the twister tutorial on 3dBuzz. I'm now trying to render it using i3d volumetric rendering (with VEX Meta Cloud). So far, I've tried both direct rendering of the particles of the tornado and copying metaballs to particles. Both methods seem to work ok for still images however, if I render out a sequence the result is quite bad. You don't really see the motion of the particles, just some noise generated by the shader. Looking at the docs it says that you can use per-point noise option of the VEX Meta Cloud shader to avoid swimming of the texture. The problem with this however is that the result looks quite poor as you can see the repetition or pattern of the noise. Any suggestions? Is it correct in this case to use the per-point attribute of the shader or is there a better approach?

thanks

Hi All,

I've been following the twister tutorial on 3dBuzz. I'm now trying to render it using i3d volumetric rendering (with VEX Meta Cloud). So far, I've tried both direct rendering of the particles of the tornado and copying metaballs to particles. Both methods seem to work ok for still images however, if I render out a sequence the result is quite bad. You don't really see the motion of the particles, just some noise generated by the shader. Looking at the docs it says that you can use per-point noise option of the VEX Meta Cloud shader to avoid swimming of the texture. The problem with this however is that the result looks quite poor as you can see the repetition or pattern of the noise. Any suggestions? Is it correct in this case to use the per-point attribute of the shader or is there a better approach?

thanks

Afaik - the 3dbuzz twister was supposed to be rendered wit sprites, not with i3d. However if you choose i3d - try animating the time parameter.