Incidence...

Visual Cortex Lab

I'm trying to get something that with XSI rendertree was straightforward... but it seems my flu cant get my brain having the same result with VOP ...

just a simple Incidence parameter which let me have a bias to decide how much reflection I have accordingly to how much the surface normal points to the camera.

the closer result I can get is using FresnelVOP.. and then the third vector value as a bias connected to a color mix.. where Lighiting model and reflectiveVOP are the two colors.

the drawback is that i dont have any bias on the fresnel to control the spread of the reflective area... ok I've already been too much confusing. hope you got my "simple" problem.

I'll go back laying in the bed.. and get few more aspirines..

cheers

[one' date=Sep 11 2006, 12:56 PM' post='30636]

I'm trying to get something that with XSI rendertree was straightforward... but it seems my flu cant get my brain having the same result with VOP ...

just a simple Incidence parameter which let me have a bias to decide how much reflection I have accordingly to how much the surface normal points to the camera.

the closer result I can get is using FresnelVOP.. and then the third vector value as a bias connected to a color mix.. where Lighiting model and reflectiveVOP are the two colors.

the drawback is that i dont have any bias on the fresnel to control the spread of the reflective area... ok I've already been too much confusing. hope you got my "simple" problem.

I'll go back laying in the bed.. and get few more aspirines..

cheers

You can use a dot product of normalized I and N vectors, devided or multiplied by sine(Pi/2) or by cosine(Pi). (you can use 3.14 if you don't need super precision)

Is thatwhat you need?

Try using the alpha mix VOP to drive the mix between the reflective VOP and the lighting model VOP. "Reflect Para" controls the amount of reflection on those surfaces facing the camera, "Reflect Perp" controls the amount of reflection on surfaces facing perpendicular to the camera, and the Reflect Bias is, well, reflection bias. If you set both "Para" and "Perp" to the same value, the object will be uniformly reflective and the bias will have no effect.

post-237-1158022899_thumb.jpg

reflect_bias.hipnc

Let me know if this works for you.

stu

Try using the alpha mix VOP to drive the mix between the reflective VOP and the lighting model VOP. "Reflect Para" controls the amount of reflection on those surfaces facing the camera, "Reflect Perp" controls the amount of reflection on surfaces facing perpendicular to the camera, and the Reflect Bias is, well, reflection bias. If you set both "Para" and "Perp" to the same value, the object will be uniformly reflective and the bias will have no effect.

post-237-1158022899_thumb.jpg

reflect_bias.hipnc

Let me know if this works for you.

stu

hey Stu.. I'm trying your way right now :) ... meanwhile I post my own way I "solved" it .. it works.. too much parameters to trick on ... but I have a result at least :)

now I'll give a try to your way. thanks a lot.

cheers

post-490-1158054990_thumb.jpg