Roadshow Spoilers

robert.magee

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn-t like to spoil the spoiler thread, but has anything been mentioned regarding general multi-threading support in houdini 9? WIth the latest generation of multi-core chips (with core speed stalling a bit) Houdini "under-uses" the machine resources...I would really like to see multithreading in SOPS/POPS...btw, are DOPS threaded?

Guest xionmark
Fluid Solver - Houdini 9 is going to have a robust fluid solver which will tackle both liquids, gas and even sand. You will be able to set up your fluids to interact with other solvers such as the RBD solver in DOPS or drive particles with fluid-style motion.

Amen! Thank you, thank you, thank you SESI!

Ah, finally, now I may sleep again ...

--Mark

hey, diula

Houdini already supports multi-threading. Not everything is/can be multithreaded though.

Yes, I know.... It would be nice if POPS are multi-threaded (I think they're not, correct?) and many (if not all) of the SOPS. The latest release of Maya for example added multithreading for their modeling poly toolset.

By the way, are DOPS threaded?

I just came back from the Vancouver roadshow last night and it is very awesome! I thought the autorig/muscle/skin/takes demo was well done. All stuff I knew but still good to see it all laid out like that. The clips that were shown of the new UI looked good but hard to tell how good until actually using it. The fluids/sand/smoke demos were crazy good!

I just came back from the Vancouver roadshow last night and it is very awesome! I thought the autorig/muscle/skin/takes demo was well done. All stuff I knew but still good to see it all laid out like that. The clips that were shown of the new UI looked good but hard to tell how good until actually using it. The fluids/sand/smoke demos were crazy good!

What's going on here. Permission to speak has been granted.

People who saw the demos in London can certainly talk about what they saw but please note that we may show different movies or more recent examples in future versions of the roadshow.

And all we get is this

The fluids/sand/smoke demos were crazy good!

Details.. details

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got to see what all the fuss was about as the SESI roadshow made ot to LA last night. Lots of amazing stuff on show for Houdini 9. In particular, fluids, level-sets and the python integration. The Superman Returns presentations were very informative too. Kudos to all involved.

I'm surprisingly excited about the python integration actually, I may have to learn it now before 9 is released.

oh yeah and the fluid stuff looks great. Especially the interaction between RBD's and fluids (and bubbles too! weeee).

M

I hope SideFX plans a web sneak peak, to ease the pain of all who could not take part. :rolleyes:

I saw some guy open camera,

and 200 sidefx guys junp on him and did some

dops -fragmenting -fluiding with him and his litle camera :D (hihihi)

no cameras were alowed :D

• 3 weeks later...