Ati To Nvidia

bandit

i just stopped working with it. thats it. my health comes first.

i was exploring those fire shaders,some of you guys have prepared before. but it is the last point ,when it tooks almost a coffee breake,try to to insert a parameter. a single,pure,simply parameter. and it tooks as if i am raytracing in renderman.

what is wrong. my videocard? isn't it strange,and funy while my computer rocks in maya, and makes me sick in houdini?

and ati we have a diffrent paths from now on. sorry dude,hapy times before,but YOU ARE FIRED!!!!!!!!

Hey bandit,

You should at least try letting some of the guys here having a look at the problem before cutting and running. It could be a videocard problem or it could be user error. You may inadvertantly be doing something that leads to high cooking times that can easily be worked around but the only way to know for sure is to see your hip file.

Do you get this slow refresh problem a lot or is it only when following the fire shaders esample you mentioned?

j.

well, honestly i can't say that i have refreshment problems all the time.

but i can't say i work super fluid either. and i beleive this is something to do with the graphiccard. and also suspect that houdini is a little bit picky.

yesterday i had a problem. today as soon as i started my machine, i tried the same scene again, and this time no problem at all, i must confess that a little bit loose in refreshment,but considerable at least(within seconds,not a coffee break this time).

my machine has its own mood i guess.

the shaders that i mention are in one of sum][one's topic. i learned a lot. thanks to him and other guys contributed to that topic.

the histeria begins with svenp's corrected version, i just tried to insert a parameter, but i coulnd't. please don't misunderstand me, i am not saying that the failure is due to this vop or sop network(i can't say any word on that) any how the problem is not heavy at the moment.

so grasshopper,

there is no fatal refresh problem all the time,at least not that kind like yesterday. but in heavy scenes things may not be fluid(if sesi's renderpass tutorial is a heavy scene???)

ladies and gents at last, it was there and i was so blind.

as its mentioned several times,i happened to find it today.

i just insert those env variables, and all the bad stuff seem to fly away.

before:

1# i wasn't able to tab=>several clicks from the list. not only houdini was crashing,my computer also.

now: multiple clicks no problem. in vops,sops,object level everywhere.

#2 before: especialy in the object level,it was hard to shift between nodes. cam to light or anything. and the folders were(in parameters pane) something strange, kinda arteffect that same folder at the same time top of each other and i used to minimize houdini and maximize it to solve this.

now: no problem at all.

#3 before: when i installed the newest drivers, houdini was crashing. for instance attempting to play with the color of any shader houdini was closing itself.

now:it is just fine.

#4before:especialy these days, vops were behaeving strange. i couldn't have managed to insert parameters or any node. it was so slow or it was crashing.

now:it so fluid.

the only problem that bothers me is, renderpass tut is not opening. there is a fatal error thing. but it was opening before. and other files it seems no problem. even the complicated scenes that i overload with so many detailed objects cause no problem.(it is slow for sure).

but the overall working speed,refreshing is better than before. i mean normal.

although thay could be found in odforce,i attach those variables here again,incase someone desperate (like me before) reads this masage.

name:HOUDINI_OGL_DBL_BUFFER_FIX

value:1

----------------------------------------------------

name:HOUDINI_OGL_SOFTWARE

value:1

i have no idea should one use these both,but i use both. and it works.

btw: i have a radeon 9700pro

thank you for your reply. i have winxp pro. but you know strange things are happening. while both were declared and set the value of 1. i had some fatal errors on some scenes. but witout knowing what to do i just switch the values to 0. this time everything is perfect. those fire shaders are flying,renderpass tut is opening,scene is fast(refreshment).

my questions are;

is it any good just to have those variables declared even their valuse are 0?

or

ati has made any approvements,on their later drivers?

this is a happyday. is it because today is friday??