Nurbs Joinsop Question

kubabuk

Is there any way to join two patches together in to one piece and specify amount of edge which is joined. (Just as in stitchSOP - rightUV, leftUV options).

Thanks

kuba

By definition if you join to patches into one then they have to have consistent rows and columns hence you can only do it with stitch and keep it as 2 patches

By definition if you join to patches into one then they have to have consistent rows and columns hence you can only do it with stitch and keep it as 2 patches

Shame, so there is no way to join all patches in one element? My problem is when I convert two patches to polygons I go different number of faces on each edge - that produce every time problems when fusing points together... Maybe I misunderstand something here, but I want to end up with single very smooth mesh.

thanks

kuba

can you post a file?

Depending on what you are doing it might be possible to work with meshes rather than nurbs if you are planning to end up with polys. Nurbs have a nasty habit of inserting extra points where you don't what them, based on the local curvature, which I think is what you are seeing. Working with meshes means you can use all the nurbs tools like the carve sop but are more easy to control where points are placed.

Edited by sibarrick

Thanks for that Simon looks smoother than mine ;). But I really was interested what happens next. I mean do you have any idea how to connected this "donut" shape boundary edge with the simple tube?!?. I realy got stuck at this point.

cheers

kuba