Linux File Server With Windows

sibarrick

Does anyone here know the answer to this....

I've setup a Linux machine that will hopefully work as a file server to a windows network.

I have samba and swat configured and I can create a shared folder under a specific user and then see it on the windows network, so far so good.

The problem is I want to share the folder in such a way that any windows user can access it without having to log into it as the user under which it was created.

Eg.

On the linux box I have a folder /home/testshare - created as user render

on windows as user foo I can browse to my linux box and access the folder by logging in as render, but I have to do this every time I reboot, I'd like it to be seemless like it is on windows. Anyone on our domain can log onto a shared render folder on the windows server. How do I set things up that way under samba?

There is a huge amount of information out there on setting up samba but I can't find anything that seems to help with this specific problem, so I'm hoping one of you linux gurus on here might be able to help.

cheers - and try and refrain from using phrases like don't use windows.... :P