Impactdata

3dbeing

It all depends on the objects that are colliding and the collision detection method used between them. Different collision detection methods generate different information, and they fill in only those fields for which they have meaningful information. For example, the RBD collider compares the points of one object with the Volume of the other object. There is no way from that information to generate uv coordinates for the collision, so it doesn't fill out that information.

Mark

How do I get the point number and/or uv impact data into the details list of impact data..

Let me try to rephrase in terms specific to your case. You have two RBD Objects colliding with each other, yes? Well, the collision detection mechanism used by the RBD solver does not calculate point numbers or primitive UVs for the collisions. That's why those fields all contain uninitialized values. This is because the RBD collision detection doesn't detect collisions between the actual points and primitives of the geometry, it uses the volume representation of the objects (which has no correlation to the surface UVs or point numbers).

What you do have is the position in world space of the collision. So you could use that information in SOPs to extract the nearest point/primitive/uv. But this will just be an approximation.

Mark

I hear what you are saying, but by that philosophy one would assume that by changing from volume collision to point or edge, one would then get the point and uv info in impact data, this however isn't the case, as of yet I have not found a setting where these numbers are relative, leading me to believe this is just a placeholder for something that doesn't yet work, if that is the case ok.. If not, I would very much like to see a rig where this info dose get filled out and what kind of prep is required.

Thanks

No, changing the collision options for RBD objects does not cause those other fields to be filled out (as you've already discovered). Those other fields are used by different solvers. The POP Solver, for example, fills in the prim[uv] attributes. No solver fills out all the fields.

Mark