Rendering Dops Object Problem

symek

I faced strange problem with my DOPs simulation rendering.

I had turned some geo into pieces in DOPS and than imported it back to SOPs, applied shaders etc.

All work for now (except I can't force "obj/dopnet1:my_geo/Geometry" syntax to work" but I'm importing all geo and delete some of it so it's ok).

For a 100 frames of my simulation 20 are rendered ok but after that mantra literally stops rendering. It doesn't crash just freezes and waits for Messiah...

I tried some solution: saved sim on disk, save geo sequence on disk and render it, nothing helped.

I can't see anything suspiecious in 20th frame of sim. I changed sim but everything stayed the same: sooner or later rendering stops.

The only potential problem I've found is that some bit of geo flies far away from sim ground what is more the problem of sim params not my will. So with bounding box I deleted these parts of my geo which fly too far. Didn't help... :(

Problem accures with many mantra settings both with and without motionblur.

I will catch my hip evening so I can post it here. But maybe someone has easy answer what is going here...

thanks.

sy

Edited by SYmek

First step, lay down a point sop after the geo and see if it fails on the frames that won't render, if it does then you have a either a piece that has a volume of 0, go back and check each piece to confirm that a volume exists. If all pieces have a volume, then it's likely you have rotational drag set to high, which will result in some very small pieces flipping into the 11th dimension.

-3db

Edited by 3dbeing

no mantra cares about points.

sorry for bothering but sim in general is not my problem - I will fight with zero volume later. But after imporing geo to SOPs I have only points. They can overlap or something but they are only points as I understand. So why mantra stops rendering? Does it have a problem with prims which has a point with equal coordinates or what? I just feel that I need to know this for future problems ;)

thanks,

sy.

I'm not going to go into detail as to the nature of the problem, what I will tell you is that if you have a 0 volume or a high rotational drag to a small mass, points will become undefined. when you have an undefined point mantra will not render. If you have a 0 volume, then yes you do have a sim problem. Does the point sop fail on the unrenderable frames or no?

Edited by 3dbeing

I'm not going to go into detail as to the nature of the problem, what I will tell you is that if you have a 0 volume or a high rotational drag to a small mass, points will become undefined. when you have an undefined point mantra will not render. If you have a 0 volume, then yes you do have a sim problem. Does the point sop fail on the unrenderable frames or no?

ok, thanks, that's clarify my issue. 0 volume means undifined points what stops mantra. Althought this is strange as I was sure that inported geo is the same as exported to dops except translation applied to groups of primitives. But I had to be wrong ;).

Yes, PointSOP indicates problems with imported geo. I've already fix it. Now it's just teoretical problem.

thanks for you help!

sy.