Deleting Dops Glued Parts

symek

Let's say I've saved on disk my sim and imported it back to DOPs for adding second layer sim.

Can I delete some objects from original simulation: ok, I don;t want this brick any more, let's replace it with new glued object.

My new object should inherit velocity from old one. Any ideas how to start with it? Or maybe I should save on disk geo not sim, than delete unwanted object in SOPs, than bring all back to DOPs and use Animated Geo param ON? This could be inefficient, right? Or just use RBD State, select my object and make in inactive? Than glue new one to it... does this have any sense..?

thanks,

sy.

Edited by SYmek

Using .sim files is probably the way to go. There is a Copy Object DOP that will let you make copies of existing objects. There is the Delete DOP which can be used to delete objects from the simulation. And just because a DOP object comes from a File DOP doesn't mean it can't be controlled by the DOP Network. You can add or modify data on obejcts read in from a File DOP using all the regular DOP nodes.

I don't know what more to tell you without more specific questions...

Mark

thanks Mark.

My problem is that I can't be sure which part of first layer geo I will remove later and replace with new geo. So for a speed of sim I use one big geo than I'd like to remove some parts of it but I can't do this as I don't have an acces to SOPs groups. To do this I have to create glued object and than remove some parts of it. So I was wonder what is the best aproach to do such things. But your answer clarifies this.

thanks.

sy.

I may be misunderstanding, but you could use an expression in the Delete DOP that looks at the geometry of each object, and deletes the ones with primitives in certain groups? In general you have complete access to the geometry of each DOP object from within DOP nodes. Any expression you can use on a SOP you can also use on DOP geometry.

Mark