Road Destruction

MIguel P

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, thanks for the comments :)

The dust is rendered with sprites using a procedural texture created in vops with turbulent noise, very simmilar to 3dbuzz's texture.

And what does the dust to look realistic is the shadows. I've used deep shadows in all the scene.

I wish I'd had a computer that was good enough to even run photoshop when I was your age.

I had an incredible ZX Spectrum 48k when I was your age. (check it out!). I programmed graphics by doing the only thing you could: redefine the ASCII characters and print them on the screen.

The XT was just out; woo baby; my next computer was 4.7Mhz with CGA (4-color) graphics, 20mb MFM HDD.

But great work, Miguel! Your stuff is top notch quality.

Cool example, MIguel!

So, how do you keep the color of the upper faces, when they are at rest, the same as it is in the original image?

check out this example by Craig Zeroni

The last time I checked it - it had some Normals going crazy - that can be dealt with by using Facet SOP (if I remember correctly). The basic idea should be pretty self explanatory.

rrr