Customizing the ICONS

I am trying to figure a way to where I can edit the Icons in Houdini and I want to make my own personal icons but I can not seem to find a way to edit the .bicon files. Is there anyway I can edit those .bicon files? I would also greatly appreciate the dimensions of them. From what I can infer the dimensions of the icons are 24pixels wide and 23 pixels in height.

cheers

-capin_crunch

Hi Capin Crunch

In 5.5 there are two ways to create your own icon. The first (and probably better) way to do it is to use the command line utility called 'gicon'. Just type that into a shell and it will tell you how to use it.

The other way is to right click on the sop/obj/etc.. that you want and select 'properties'. You'll notice a title that says icon, and a picture showing the icon. If you click on the picture then you can specify any image file and it will create an icon for you and replace the current one. Be careful when you use this though... the icon file sizes are directly related to the original image size. ie if you convert a 1MB tiff into an icon then the icon size will be pretty large, and if you have plenty of those, then things will turn ugly :)

Cheers

Marc