Folder Parameters In Vex??

Jim Su

Use the "group" pragma call

if you are doing this in VOPs you go to the top level of your VOP operator. This should be where your parameters are listed.

Here you can reorganize their order as well as group / create of folder out of them by selecting a series of parameters and then hitting the little arrow at the far right of the dialog.

i'm sure i'm not describing it well, but if you just play around you'll get the hang of it ... also clicking on the "New Group {" will let you rename it to whatever you like. and subsequenlty clicking on the red X will delete the group.

probably far more detail then i needed!!

anyways, have fun and good luck!

jeff

the only other thing i'll point out is that if you're using otls to dynamically create parameters for your vop operator, then you'll have problems with your ui whenever you try to reopen your hip file and edit it. basically you'll lose the folders that those parameters were suppose to be in, and you'll have to recreate them or select drag them back to their right spot!

i think sesi is aware of it, and i'm not sure if its been fixed in 9, but i haven't had time to play around with that much.

good luck,

jeff

if you are doing this in VOPs you go to the top level of your VOP operator. This should be where your parameters are listed.

Here you can reorganize their order as well as group / create of folder out of them by selecting a series of parameters and then hitting the little arrow at the far right of the dialog.

i'm sure i'm not describing it well, but if you just play around you'll get the hang of it ... also clicking on the "New Group {" will let you rename it to whatever you like. and subsequenlty clicking on the red X will delete the group.

probably far more detail then i needed!!

anyways, have fun and good luck!

jeff

Neat!!!! That was easy! Thanks Jeff

Jim