3dequalizer To Houdini

Tiago

Hello,

In 3dequalizer,I did motion tracking to a pencil with 6 point track shot on 3 different cameras.

When I went to check the orientation of the track, it looked ok on 3dequalizer.

I then exported it to Houdini. And there, when I imported the tracking information, the tracking point matched the background footage exactly except in one thing:

Altough the tracking information was syncronized, the 3d pencil is moving in a different direction thent the background footage pencil.

Did you guys came across with this problem before?

What can I be missing?

Thanks in advance,

Tiago

Hey Tiago

mmm, that sounds interesting, i think there could be a whole list of reasons why.

when u take ur track to other software like maya or max, does it work there?

I've done some tests here and they came out fine, but that was a tests that come with 3de facial tracking tutorials.

too try help you, when u mean, "in a different direction", im not to sure what u mean by that?

:-)

Hi Aracid,

First of all thank you for your help.

Thinking it was a good idea, I also did a test with the 3d facial tracking tutorial, and still had the same problem, which makes me think that it's a problem with the houdini camera.

I'm sending you some still shots of my problem so that you can understand what's wrong:

On both, the tracking points, are syncronized frame by frame, however, their offset with the background image.

And if in the face example it's easy just to move the points until their on the right place, with the pencil it's harder because even if I match all 6 points, the pencil is always moving in all directions and it's not just a matter of fliping the values...

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say...

Any idea?

Thanks again

Tiago

post-2209-1184925917_thumb.png

post-2209-1184925937_thumb.png

hey,

sure thing Tiago

upload the hscript that gives u the error on the face tracking, ill look into it.

I have the footage used from the tutorial, so i'll point it to that locally.

if u can, also send the 3de file, just from the face tracking example,

lets start from there.

:-)

Ok, here goes:

The 3dequalizer project (the same as the tutorial) - I use 3D-Equalizer V3 Release 6b2_D1

The 3dequalizer export file

The houdini project.

EDIT: BTW, I exported the front camera, and used the front camera footage as reference in Houdini.

facetrack.3de.zip

faceexport.zip

face.hip.zip

Edited by Tiago

Hey Tiago

I get the same problem when opening your file,

really wierd, you're right, the 3de solution is fine, but the houdini cam isnt ;)

Ill try look into it a bit more this week

would be interesting to see why this isnt working for us.

all the best

brian

Hi Brian,

I don't know what's happening with the mocap tutorial when I import it to Houdini, but anyway, I found out a way of doing what I wanted. In the motiontracking environment I modified the preferences of the pointgroup. Instead of being "Mocap Group", I specified the pointgroup type to be "object group".

I calculated all objects from scratch and then imported it into houdini. The points matched the object and followed it correctly. However, this only worked for my pencil track test, but not quite for the "mocap tutorial footage".

But since I wanted to track rigid objects, it's working fine now (I think).

If I find some more problems or good news, I'll keep in touch.

Thank you once again for your help!

TIago