LIght Halo and atmosphere

I am working through the rendering legacy material on SESI's web site. One of the last sections for me. In rendering one, I can't get the light halo render to render anything except black. I went to the current help files and tried the Atmosphere example described there.. Again no atmospherics....

Not crucial, but hey I want to figure that out...... It seems like in the help file example I am doing everything fine. I do get a little hazy with the z-depth shadows and how Houdini tries to source the shadow depths files. I am ask to save them to c:/temp/$OS.pic... I am on an NT so I assumed that my temp folder existed at

c:/DOCUME~1/AMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp

Is this right? Could my problem be that the file referencing is messed up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated... Tommorrow I will try again.. Then I will move on to the rest of the lessons...

"c:/temp/$OS.pic" is not the same as "c:/DOCUME~1/AMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp"

I made a c:/temp" folder on my system just because it's a handy thing to have...I throw tons of crap in there...and it's easy to clean out because I know that nothing in there is important...

so, yeah...make that folder and it should work