Let's talk about who we are...

red4kat

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

halo all and good day.

first, i have to say again that this site is an invaluable resource for the aspiring houdini community. cheers for your effort!

i grew up from a wee lad shirking the occassional chore for an additional round of pong, combat, or galaga. though many years of infatuation with the computer and its uses ensued, i only recently realized that a career could be made of it. during the last few years, i toyed around with 3ds max and then had the pleasure of being introduced to houdini last august. i absolutely agree with betty in that houdini seems to cater to BOTH sides of the brain. i love it! while learning houdini at school, i was lucky enough to get a recommendation from my instructor and after wooing :) Val and others at SESI i was hired as the errand boy...err houdini intern ;)

after having met many of the employees from both toronto, sf, and the la offices, i have to say these are genuinely good and interested people. we, the users, are in good hands! i look foward to continuing along the path of collaboration and creation of content using this most fabuloso software.

hoodnik needs friends already val! he cant do all the work! squeak and squawk to the rescue!

salud!

will

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Jerry Stanley, I'm 29, and I just got started in Houdini in January. I have worked with a variety of 3D software for close to 10 years as a hobby and commercially for about 2 years. I started my own computer business (www.1stopsolutions.net) last Aug and it has been a great experience. I do website design, maint, and hosting, I have a portrait studio with everything done digitally, I custom build computers and do repairs, and just about anything to do with advertising.

I live in a small town in northern BC, Canada so flexability is what keeps my busines going as well as keeping me happy. I don't think I could every do just modeling or just animation. I really enjoy the whole process. I would like to take on freelance work as well as create some shorts of my own.

I must say the whole Houdini communty is great!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

and greetings to all member of odforce/houdini users

Yesterday I got Apprentice edition and started tha class at 3Dbuzz

I'm really excited.

I'm 33 year old,work as brick/facade layer and have 3d carrier as aspiration.

I'm born in Belgrade,Yugoaslavia,1991 I moved in Vianna,Austria where I now live and work

Generally ,I considere myself as newbie in 3D though I have some limited experience with some verious 2D-3D tools.

I follow all possible forums about 3D

and I might say I become quite literate

but...

half of the talk about Houdini I couldn't inderstand-SOP,VEX,SESI,SHOP,TEX,REX...

No clue

For me the major problem is learning(resources) for Houdini

for MAYA,3D MAX,LW .... you have a lot of tuts,dvd's,vhs's,cd's and the

rest...

but for houdini,very dificult

no sense

just you try to explain born,grown up christian buddahood,nirvana,hare

chrishna stuff

could do nothing,no clue,just I was deough,blind,pralised

I had no book or alike to start,absolutely no clue

mostly I am interseted for character animations

Any suggestion?

well I am a bit of an old timer...started in '87 on dubner, then on to cubicomp, then onto wavefront, then to vertigo....and finally onto Prisms in 92-93...turning into Houdini up till now... I live in Detroit working at Travelling Pictures but have worked at Digital Domain, A52, and was lucky enough to be a CG Sup at Sony for a while... I am now back in Detroit trying to figure out how to get back out west... This forum is a blast and I am glad to know all of you guys and gals...your work is terrific! I also have two adorable children...which is the main reason I am still here in Detriot...

david