Looked Around, Didn't See This Specific Question

MotzVFX

I'm sure there is nothing of this sort out there, but it's an interesting idea. I don't know a whole lot about the Hypershade but I wonder if many of the Hypershade nodes could be mimicked in VOP nodes and then have the network rebuilt and its parameters set (by a script, of course). Anyone on odforce know if there are some fundamental differences which might make this impossible?

good idea. But i think its easier to build the shading network in houdini, if you wanna render in houdini. Because houdini handles Uvs in other ways, how maya does. I think its hard to create a converter. iam working in feature film as texturing artist, sometimes as houdini artist in that produktion, i can say to you, if its possible we got it since a year in our pipeline...I think it ist possible but hard to code. So we use 2martian glue" to convert between both. And sometimes we script in maya something so we can handle it, how we need.

I wish you good luck to develope.

Ps dont forget it to build in houdini 9 not 8 because somethings going wrong when you open 8 files in 9. Like my splitup tool, it dosent work in houdini 9. FUCK

good idea. But i think its easier to build the shading network in houdini, if you wanna render in houdini. Because houdini handles Uvs in other ways, how maya does. I think its hard to create a converter. iam working in feature film as texturing artist, sometimes as houdini artist in that produktion, i can say to you, if its possible we got it since a year in our pipeline...I think it ist possible but hard to code. So we use 2martian glue" to convert between both. And sometimes we script in maya something so we can handle it, how we need.

As opposed to being truly useful for conversion purposes, I wonder if it'll be good to build Hypershade VOPs merely to help existing Maya users make a transition to VOPs? Having familiar names and operations in Houdini as they do in Maya might help Maya users make the jump.

Ps dont forget it to build in houdini 9 not 8 because somethings going wrong when you open 8 files in 9. Like my splitup tool, it dosent work in houdini 9. FUCK

For some things, yeah, they broke compatibility in the name of progress, but do you think that your splitup tool doesn't operate anymore due to a bug in H9? If so, I'd send your tool and some email to them (or post on their forum) explaining the issue and perhaps they can fix it?

• 4 weeks later...