Which Software Should I Choose?

tahir

Hello all,

I want to create some basic geometrical animations (lines, circles, triangles, cubes, boxes etc....) along with following restrictions:

1- I must be able to interact with the animations created. Interaction with mouse events (click, drag etc), keyboard events, data entry like in edit boxes etc.

2- The animations must be web oriented/web friendly. (I must be able to put those animation on webpages)

3- Should require less programming (not as we do in Java Swing/2D/3D applications)

Which software is best for this situation? Maya, 3ds Max, Adobe Flash CS3, DirectX etc. etc. ??

I am a newbie and dont know much about animation softwares.

Really appreciate your valuable help.

Best Regards

Flash or Processing seem close to what you need, and are also well documented + you find tons of stuff online.

Dragos

Thanks

Is it "Adobe Flash CS3 Professional" or something else?

Because i have found some others like "Adobe CS3 Design Premium/Web Premium/Master Collection" etc. I am confused !

By the way is there any freeware software for such purpose?

Tahir,

You need to be a lot more specific with your request, at the moment it's far too general. Do you want to write software or do you want a standalone application ? What are you trying to achieve ? What is the input supposed to do ?

Regarding processing, it is free, see http://processing.org/

-Drew

Thanks

Is it "Adobe Flash CS3 Professional" or something else?

Because i have found some others like "Adobe CS3 Design Premium/Web Premium/Master Collection" etc. I am confused !

By the way is there any freeware software for such purpose?

Actually I want to create animations of some of the Physics lessons (of high school level).

I want that program to run as standalone and as well as on website.

Tahir,

You need to be a lot more specific with your request, at the moment it's far too general. Do you want to write software or do you want a standalone application ? What are you trying to achieve ? What is the input supposed to do ?

Regarding processing, it is free, see http://processing.org/

-Drew

I'd go with flash...or Director...does that even exist anymore?

Last director version was 2004 or less. I'd think that Air + Flash or Flex would substitute it.

Flash would be a great option but is not free. Process.org would be my second guess.