From Syntheyes To Houdini

illob32

In SynthEyes, File>Export>Houdini Script.

Open the exported file (with the suffix .cmd) in a text editor, copy the text to the clipboard.

In Houdini, open a textport and paste the text.

You'll need to tweak a little the Composite network because the paths to the footage will be slightly incorrect.

Also be aware of possible discrepancies of start frame (0 in SynthEyes, 1 in Houdini). You might need to shift the channels one frame.

Dragos

Boujou exports a whole Houdini scene (*.hip) - not a *.cmd script - but I think this is a worse solution. It's more difficult to manage multiply solves this way. Anyway I prefer scripts ;).

Your script from a Syntheyes you can also source from a disk (without pasting). Just put in in your $HIP directory (the directory of your scene file) and write in textport: source myfile.cmd (on windows it works even without "source").

cheers,

sy.

PS I didn't know the trick with pasting the script, digitallysane ;)

PS I didn't know the trick with pasting the script, digitallysane ;)

I just found it simpler than sourcing from disk. It occurred to me while I had a SynthEyes exported script open to try to change something inside. Houdini was also open and then I thought: Why do I bother sourcing this? :lol:

Dragos