Massive Forum At Od[force]?

Rudra

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, i do,

u want my job?

just give me time to book my ticket to egypt :)

and i dont think that there are other forums, massive are also specific to who they let use the forum, and its also kind of nice having the developers on the forum.

its also with the intention of monitoring whos using the software.

Hi! Does any know some massive forums beside the official forum?

PS: Is somebody use this software from odforce community ? :ph34r:

I've done a bit of crowd stuff but never explored massive .. I just haven't found a lot of information on it. Do you not like massive or just don't like your job? I wish they had an apprentice edition like Houdini.

yeah, i do,

u want my job?

just give me time to book my ticket to egypt :)

and i dont think that there are other forums, massive are also specific to who they let use the forum, and its also kind of nice having the developers on the forum.

its also with the intention of monitoring whos using the software.

Not sure about Brian, but for me Massive is really fun and really frustrating all at the same time :). Kinda like Houdini 1.1 felt... endless possibilities saddled with a really crappy interface.

I just start to explore this software not long ago and I got a lot of of good ideas how to use such great stuff. And I want to find some people to communicate with them at future.

2 Aracid: what do you do at Egypt with massive??

Hey Rudra

lol, I'm only saying that because every time I move to a new company I get riddled with crowd shots, its actually kinda funny, no matter how i got in, the crowds do seem to follow me. he he

and i know marc was reading this, so it would appeal to him, because he always does vomit :)

more about massive, I've been using it for just shy of 2 years, and in as far as organic motion, its hard to beat how wonderful somethings look, and is definitely a wonderful tool for once all your blends are looking seamless etc. and u can really get through shots quickly once everything is set up.

I agree with marc about the UI, it looks really old, as in no bling :)

however strangely for the software that has a lot of power and in many ways they've managed to un-clutter it.

One thing people often don't know about the tool is on numerous occasions, Steven the developer emphasized that the tool is simple because his aim was/is to provide a foundation to the technology and sees no good reason as to force a company to use the tool in a particular way.

He suggests that you build massive into your pipeline and not build your pipeline around massive. therefore the package is really open and funnily enough, a lot of people only use it for the generation of agent curves. ie APF or AMC (acclaim motion capture files)

ah ha, it all makes sense now :lol:

yeah I always thought crowd stuff is fun also, I guess that could be classified by some as a little warped. Where is there an educational version or do you email them? The only one I see is almost a grand, which is a little much for someone seeing if they even like the software.

Aracid, I would like to do some crowd shots too!

maybe massive UI looks like some old stuff, but I found it quite simple and comfortable for massive tasks.

PS: Linux terminal is also looks like some ancient stuff))) But...

nope, no trip to egypt, it was just a silly joke ... clearly no one laughs at my jokes on this forum :)

aracid

i think it's funny :), i live in egypt. I'm the only houdini user in this god forsaken land ;)

so if anyone of you guys plan to drop by, drinks are on me

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dmitriy

We don't render anything directly from massive over here, we go through our proprietary lighting tool. Which means that I have no idea :). Have you asked this on the massive forum?

Cheers

Marc

Hi Dmitriy

We don't render anything directly from massive over here, we go through our proprietary lighting tool. Which means that I have no idea :). Have you asked this on the massive forum?

Cheers

Marc

Hi Marc! Can you tell me smth about your lighting tool? How does it work? And is there any reason to export all animated in massive stuff back to maya or houdini?

Hi Marc! Can you tell me smth about your lighting tool? How does it work? And is there any reason to export all animated in massive stuff back to maya or houdini?

...er... well that's a whole book in itself. Lets just say it's a complete lighting and rendering package and almost all our rendering is done through it now. So we export everything from Maya, Houdini, Massive etc and render it all from the one package (called Katana). As for the massive part... I honestly have no idea :). Having never used it in an environment that doesn't have Katana, I'm not familiar with any issues that come with it.

sorry :).

M

Hey, guys! Anybody got troubles with prman rendering from massive?

I'm pressing preview button and got such error "the rpocedure entry point _RI_CUBIC could not be located in the dynamic link library prman.exe"

Hello ,

I think you can only render under Linux, because Massive uses a render procedural (to render out agents, etc) that only works in Linux environment....

To render agents the ribs generated by Massive use a small procedural primitive (a program) to

generate agents on-demand. That procedural and the agent data must be available to all machines

used for rendering. If changes are made to an agent inside Massive, the agent must be re-saved for

the changes to show up in a rendering. Some older sample agents included with Massive must be resaved

to render properly even if no changes have been made to the agents.

The Massive procedural only runs under Linux, not Windows. Users wishing to render Massive scenes

under Windows can check out the massrib tool for a workaround.

see Air manual, Rendering with Air from Massive:

http://www.sitexgraphics.com/air.pdf

bern

Edited by Bernard

Users wishing to render Massive scenes

under Windows can check out the massrib tool for a workaround.

bern

Hi Bern! Thanks! As I understand massrib is a tool which generates non-massive dependent rib. Is this rib fits only for air?