Odforce Looks Odd

symek

I've just opened my desktop PC after a month or so and odforce forum looks strange. It's just me or something has changed recently? I can see everything but without graphic details, lines between threads or posts. Whole page is white (except upper green area).<br />I'm o Firefox 2.0.0.11, WinXP<br /><br /><br />thanks for any info.<br />sy.

EDIT:

Ok, I've checked IExplorer on my computer and Firefox 2.0.0.7 on another machine (Vista). Odforce seems to look as expected. So the problem is my Firefox 2.0.0.11. I even reinstalled it. I deleted also cookies. Still the same. I can't see any advanced page features like windows, shades, formating. Everything looks like a plane HTML...

any suggestions welcome.

Edited by SYmek

Odforce looks odd! Something must be wrong! There are no flashing banners for EasyHair v1.5 For XSI or RenderMeQuick 9.0 for True Space. This cannot be right! How can I take this site seriously if it's not plastered with advertisements?

(jk)

;)

Hey Symek

If you could post a screenshot that would be a great help, Thanks

Sure, here you have. I found also on other forum some problems with tags. They appear verbatim in posts or get screwed with some strange codding...

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/4224/odforceoddij8.jpg

It looks like a problem with PHP in my Firefox. But is it common? Could I broke PHP on my computer? That is really odd ;)

EDIT:

Gosh, whole tags posts editing doesn't work now for me.

Edited by SYmek

I have a web developers toolbar installed on my firefox and I can get that exact same picture by disabling embedded css. Could you pm me a copy of the source code of the page?

It's not possible to break php because your browser never encounters the php code. Everything served to firefox is html... I think it's the css, but I could be wrong ;).

I have a web developers toolbar installed on my firefox and I can get that exact same picture by disabling embedded css. Could you pm me a copy of the source code of the page?

It's not possible to break php because your browser never encounters the php code. Everything served to firefox is html... I think it's the css, but I could be wrong ;) .

Ok, thank you Mark for your attention. I'll PM you in minutes the page. I'm now on Ubuntu with firefox 2.0.0.8 and again all is fine. But I'm also ready to upgrade to 2.0.0.11 just to see if this issue is somehow related with recent Firefox upgrade. Although no one else seems to have such a problem :o

EDIT:

firefox upgrade (on Ubuntu 7.10) for 2.0.0.11 didn't break anything, hmm....

EDIT:

After whole day on Linux I'm back again on WinXP and... all is fine now! So easy answer is that the only thing I hadn't done to solve my problem was to restart the computer :wacko: This had to be Firefox bug related to css as you said, Mark. It disappeared now. Sorry for a rumor!

cheers,

sy.

Edited by SYmek

I had this effect too - last year (Firefox and Flock WinXP). After a few reloads - the beauty of of[force] came back :lol:

I think it have nothing to do with the code - I encountered this problem also on other web pages. I guess some weird behavior of the FF-render-engine...

Thanks LEO-oo-.

I was little suspicious since my home router was broken recently in a magical way. It stopped working and when I checked its settings they all were changed to some crazy values - hackers attack? Hard to believe actually. I wasn't home few weeks. Then this css issue...

Glad to hear it's not only my problem. There is nothing else that makes people so glad like a common disaster ;).

sy.

Edited by SYmek