Procedural, Offset... Particle Control

3dFrosty

hi all..

Just wondering if anyone can help me.

Basically I'm trying to create a structure out of particles..

I want the particles to 'orbit' the the attracting (invisible) structure then move into place to reveal the structure.. I'm currently controlling the orbit using the, radius in the orbit node.. but I'm trying to get the particles to procedurally move into there locations over the structure.. so I guess it's a kind of flock, but not to follow a particular particle, but to follow the behavior of the a 'leader' particle, and be offset.. giving the impression that the building is being constructed from the ground up. Closing in at the base first and then gradually start closing in (reducing the radius) up the building.. I hope this makes sense.. I've attached my .hip file so you can see what I have so far.. but my main goal is to create a slow moving particle system which orbits a building, and then gradually starts to close in on the structure from the base, concluding in the building being formed..

hope someone can help..

ben..

part_dev_refine_bf.hip

I've done a few more test using the $AGE and colour together.. basically with the aim of making the older/whiter particles react first..

Here is my .hip file to show you what I've done..

I have a random control over the min and maximum radius orbiting.. as well as a controller for the colour value multiplication... these are in the property node in the popnet..

Hope someone can help..

Ben...

colour_Age_test_01.hip