Marc

Effects Challenges

Please please do some Fluid effects challenge something with gas and smoke or sand solvers as there is not much about it and it will be great learning experience for every one !!

So is this thread dead now or has the challenge moved onto some place else... am here learning houdini ...and any challenge is welcome as long as i get to learn something new!!!

Hey Alptonis

It's definitely not dead, but perhaps... er... in hibernation for now. If anyone would like to volunteer to manage the challenges then please let me know.

Thanks

Marc

Please please do some Fluid effects challenge something with gas and smoke or sand solvers as there is not much about it and it will be great learning experience for every one !!

I think the CCTV animation (under inspiration link on odforce main page) would be a great challenge. Then again, some of it must be composited (in the making of, they did mention filming some of the material).

Who's up for it? (I personally would love to see that in action).

I agree and I for one would love to see some houdini fluids/pyrofx based challenges as there is so much to learn in this subject and so many great examples. Just a few ideas

1. Tornado/Water funnel using fluids or fluids/particle combo

2. Creating the "singularity" effect like in the movie Star Trek

3. Dropping ink in water.

4. Recreating some kind of explosion from youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdBQtfRS6mI&feature=related

5. Rigid Body/Fluids/Pops interactions.. like a building collapsing:

6. Magical/Spell effects (any kind of Harry Potter type FX)

Anyway point is to agree on a cool reference footage and just try to accomplish it to the best of our ability.

here is a link to some great little tests as examples: http://www.yeatvfx.com/works/works.html