3d Paint Tools

sibarrick

Hi all,

I'm in the process of converting a bunch of our procedural textures into bitmap textures. In the most part I can just render them out using mantra -u. However as a next step I'd like to start painting realtime textures on the models in 3d.

What packages are you guys using to do 3d painting into texture maps.

I'm looking for something simple to use and fairly light weight. As far as I can tell mudbox just does sculpting, is that correct?

Something like mudbox would be perfect.

cheers for any suggestions....

I really like modo, but it is a bit slow when used for painting/sculpting. At least in my experience with it. I tend to use modo for modeling and zbrush 3.1 for painting.

Poly-Painting in ZBrush is very fast and precise.

Edited by ofer

we used bodypaint on golden compass and fred clause

especially because of its 16bit support and great projection paint and layer management techniques

it handled 16bit layered psd's in 2k with no problem

I used deep paint and zbrush on other jobs but unfortunately at that time they didnt come close to body paint

z

we used bodypaint on golden compass and fred clause

especially because of its 16bit support and great projection paint and layer management techniques

it handled 16bit layered psd's in 2k with no problem

I used deep paint and zbrush on other jobs but unfortunately at that time they didnt come close to body paint

z

Thanks for all the responses, I used deep paint years ago before we turned everything procedural. I was indeed hoping things had move on a bit... seems like bodypaint might be a good option.