movie: bones and CHOPs

Jason

Miguel Mendez has submitted an excellent video tutorial on using CHOPs in conjuction with bones to create a flexible semi- automated animation setup. this is a must-see for anyone interested in using CHOPs in character animation.

Get his movie!

Miguel demonstrates using CHOPs together with bones to create a flexible tail animation rig. Miguel uses several techniques to show that there are multiple methods available to the animator to do the same task.

Don't dilly-dally! Download!

Many thanks to Miguel Menendez.

Hello all,

Thank you Miguel for a most informative tutorial. I am always looking for different ways at accomplishing tasks. This, I feel, is where Houdini excels -- the ability to do one thing so many different ways. Thanks again.

Nevins Duret

excollent!! :D

Thanks!

• 7 years later...

hey thanks for the reply Michael.. haha yea..going by the date of that post I'd still be in High School :D (when I knew only one Houdini!!and it was not this one... hehehe )

I do refer to help cards as and when I need to...but the subject matter of that video is of my interest..

By now I have fairly decent knowledge in Houdini (not ideally but figuratively...i guess....hehe) but CHOPs and VOPs been pretty elusive to me.

So I want to have as much reference with me as possible :D

if anyone here has it..could you please repost?

• 4 years later...

Hi guys.

Can someone please reupload the movie.

I'm trying to achieve this effect. Got it with simple sine wave with delay. But I'm sure there's some beter ways to get this effect.

PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE !

• 4 months later...