HI guys

Actually I quit on this cause I need it to get this done, we did it in maya

the problem is still there I can import meshes done in realflow fine to houdini

I can't get objects out of houdini to work, I think the problem is the exporter

hope you guys can work this out

thank you

Guest xionmark
I can't get objects out of houdini to work, I think the problem is the exporter

I just ran a quick test and have no problem exporting an SD file to RF.

hi

thanks for that plugin. appreciate your effort.

is it possible to compile a vc8 win32 version???? or

can i use the win32 vc7 version with the houdini 9.5 vc8????

when i drop the node i get an error and houdini crashes! ...sorry, i'm not in front of my pc to post the error message :huh:

i use houdini 9.5 win32 vc8 and Houdini.RealFlow_H9.5_vc7_v1.0.93.tar.gz

thnx in advanced!

Guest xionmark
is it possible to compile a vc8 win32 version???? or

can i use the win32 vc7 version with the houdini 9.5 vc8????

when i drop the node i get an error and houdini crashes!

It's crashing because of the vc7 vs. vc8 problem. I don't have any plans to ugrade to vc8.

As per Jason Iverson's suggestion, perhaps SESI could provide a compile farm that 3rd party developers can drop their source code in an "inbox" and all supported platforms for Houdini compile the code? Sure would make it easier.

Mark

Thanks Mark

I'm doing something bad when I compile this, I can't load that SD file you send me, to Houdini, in realflow works good, I do export SD files but I can't import them to realflow, they just nothing happens, the realflow console says is loading but nothing loads, I can load finished meshes from realflow.

I think that's all my problems, which come down to not been able to EXPORT SDs.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xionmark
Thanks Mark

I'm doing something bad when I compile this, I can't load that SD file you send me, to Houdini, in realflow works good, I do export SD files but I can't import them to realflow, they just nothing happens, the realflow console says is loading but nothing loads, I can load finished meshes from realflow.

I think that's all my problems, which come down to not been able to EXPORT SDs.

Hi there,

Yes, don't try to import an SD file into Houdini that has been generated by Houdini, it won't work properly under most conditions The explanation is long, so I'll avoid that for now, but it has to do with the way Next Limit has designed the format and the notorious issue of "when is time zero ...".

But, despite my intention to let this project fade away (because my hope was that Houdini's fluids would be much, much better) it appears there's still lots of studios wanting to use RF & Houdini together. So, I guess I'll continue supporting the plugins.

RF5 will have "Real Wave cache" files, which I wrote the additional code for while at Asylum VFX, and I think there's a few more changes in store too.

I have to wonder if there's any interest out there for a workshop or class for using RF and Houdini. We might add that to our lineup of classes if the demand is strong enough.

Take care,

Mark

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

I also trying this plugin under linux 32-bit. But I use houdini particle exporter to export particles into maya. It looks like maya importer cannot read bin sequence. Houdini read this sequence - no problem. Maya can read individual bin files but not sequence. Maybe point order problem. Maya to houdini - no problem. Houdini importer reads everything fine. Is there any trick when exporting from houdini. If you have any ideas, I will be appreciated.

We found the problem. It looks like 64-bit houdini do not output particle id but in 32-bit version everything works fine. And when debugging c++ files, problem happened at very end, when plugin trying output actual values into bin file. If somebody get it works on 64-bit, please let us know. Thanks

Guest xionmark
We found the problem. It looks like 64-bit houdini do not output particle id but in 32-bit version everything works fine. And when debugging c++ files, problem happened at very end, when plugin trying output actual values into bin file. If somebody get it works on 64-bit, please let us know. Thanks

ummmmm ... I don't think so ... has no bearing whether it's 32 or 64 bit. If the attribute (in this case "id") is present in the geometry coming into the RF exporter, it will be written to the RF file. Make sure that all your attributes are in the geo during the entire frame range.

I just ran a test on a 64 bit Linux box, works fine.

Mark

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello. We are getting an odd issue with the plugin when exporting particles. The particles come back into RF flattened on the Z axis. Y and X seem to be correct, but its as though its not attempting to export that extra channel. Also, when loaded back to RF, the particle files bring RealFlow to a halt and usually crashes. The most current version of the plugin is installed.

We are on Houdini 9.5.414, and Suse x64 bit. Has anyone encountered this same issue? Also, is it possible to export a mesh built in Houdini as a RF .bin file for loading into other apps? Any help would be great.

Anthony

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have problem on H10 OSX version:

7/21/09 3:23:19 PM [0x0-0x5a05a].com.sidefx.Houdini[2268] Houdini DSO - error on '/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/10.0.344/Resources/houdini/dso/SOP_RF_Import.dylib'

7/21/09 3:23:19 PM [0x0-0x5a05a].com.sidefx.Houdini[2268] dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/10.0.344/Resources/houdini/dso/SOP_RF_Import.dylib, 1): Library not loaded: @rpath/Houdini.framework/Versions/10.0.265/Houdini

7/21/09 3:23:19 PM [0x0-0x5a05a].com.sidefx.Houdini[2268] Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/10.0.344/Resources/houdini/dso/SOP_RF_Import.dylib

7/21/09 3:23:19 PM [0x0-0x5a05a].com.sidefx.Houdini[2268] Reason: image not found