Real Flow-houdini Sops Update

Guest xionmark

There may be a bug when exporting RF particles from Houdini on 64 bit machines, there is with Linux/gcc 4.1. Looking into it this week ... will send update when fixed.

Hi Mark, any luck with the 64-bit export bug hunt?

What are the symptoms caused by this bug? I remember seeing exported particles "flattened" to the XY plane on Linux 4.1 64-bit.

Are there any other known major issues on 64-bit?

Guest xionmark

Hi Mark, any luck with the 64-bit export bug hunt?

What are the symptoms caused by this bug? I remember seeing exported particles "flattened" to the XY plane on Linux 4.1 64-bit.

Are there any other known major issues on 64-bit?

Hi there,

Wrapping it all up today. Next Limit will be taking over support for the SOPs (Finally!).

I'll have an announcement later today.

Mark

Guest xionmark

Hello there,

So I heard back from Next Limit, they are now ready to take over support of the Real Flow SOPs! Yea! I still have no idea what the other plugins/extensions they have in mind for Houdini will do, but at least now they will be officially supporting Houdini starting with the Real Flow import and export SOPs.

It's been fun, but I'm so glad to finally hand this off to Next Limit, it will help Houdini users to get better support (I have so little time for supporting them anymore) and will also give Next Limit an opportunity to learn more about Houdini and how they might improve their product(s) for Houdini users. Personally, I would like to see SD files split out as individual files. Anyway, it's been an interesting 5-6 years meeting so many great people via this meager little file translator project.

Also, Next Limit promised to keep these plugins (the SOPs) available as open source in the spirit of the open source community, so any updates and fixes will be available through the usual sourceforge/[odforce] pages:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/odforceplugins/

The source code and compiled plugins will soon be removed from our web site, once we have everything in Next Limit's hands. Please forward any questions to "support at Next Limit".

And finally I would like to thank Doug Struthers for getting me started on the whole Houdini/Real Flow project, check out his work at: http://dougstruthers.com/ and also many thanks to Victor Gonzalez at Next Limit for helping me with technical issues and embracing the Houdini community for future collaboration.

Thanks,

Mark

Thanks for spending so much time developing these! Do you know if they will fix the current issues with 64 bit and Houdini 9.x.x, or will they only begin supporting for the newest release of Houdini? Thanks again.

Anthony

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest xionmark

I am looking for the Realflow-Houdini 11 plugin, the Realflow site says that there's already one for the Houdini 11.0.658 but where is it? I didn't find anywhere inside Realflow site, did anyone downloaded already?

I believe you have to be a customer or sign up for a demo version to get access to download the plugins from the Next Limit site.

• 2 months later...

I got rf for H11 plugin,but mesh_import sop not function properly.always complain can not read rf mesh velocity chunk.

So would be any chance to get Mark's upgrade ?

sometime rf is a good bridge come across xsi/houdini/maya

Edited by horizon1231

Guest xionmark

hi

I am on RHEL5.3 64bit :)

Here ya go:

http://www.digitalcinemaarts.com/dev/real_flow/download/Houdini.RealFlow_H11.0_gcc4.3_v1.0.97.tar.gz

gcc 4.3, Houdini 11.0.658. Verified mesh velocity imported correctly, but that's with RF4 meshes. I don't think the RF5 mesh spec has changed, let me know if you have a problem with it. The source code is there too should you or others need to compile for a different OS: http://www.digitalcinemaarts.com/dev/real_flow/download/Houdini.RealFlow_v1.0.97.src.tar.gz

Take care,

Mark

Guest xionmark

thx for uploading

when I compile,it report SOP_RF_Import.C:58:41: error: SOP_RF_Import_ReadRFRWCFile.C: No such file or directory

SOP_RF_Import_ReadRFRWCFile.C is not included in package.

ACK!!! Sorry, I just added that to the source tar ball, it's uploaded, give it a try.

--Mark

I try both rf5 for H11 from nextlimit and Mark's

both mesh_import sop not function properly.always complain can not read rf mesh velocity chunk.

I made a test with a simple box in H11. first use RF_Mesh_export then RF_Mesh_import it again, still failed.

but with RF5 for Xsi,it works.

I bet I made something wrong within H11, can someone tell me ?