Real Flow-houdini Sops Update

Guest xionmark

Guest xionmark

I try both rf5 for H11 from nextlimit and Mark's

both mesh_import sop not function properly.always complain can not read rf mesh velocity chunk.

I made a test with a simple box in H11. first use RF_Mesh_export then RF_Mesh_import it again, still failed.

but with RF5 for Xsi,it works.

I bet I made something wrong within H11, can someone tell me ?

Can you post a file with the mesh that is having trouble? And a hip file of how you're setting up your scene may be helpful. I just double checked the file format for mesh in RF5, as I thought, it hasn't changed. The plugin will import the velocity correctly, there must be a different problem in your setup.

--Mark

Guest xionmark

thx for help Mark.

Here's anim export from xsi by RF5 plugin. import also works.

then I use RF_mesh_import for H11 read it,error happened.

So are you saying this mesh came from XSI not Real Flow?

I just examined the contents of those files and there is something wrong with the velocity data, it was not written to the file correctly.

--Mark

So are you saying this mesh came from XSI not Real Flow?

I just examined the contents of those files and there is something wrong with the velocity data, it was not written to the file correctly.

--Mark

yes it comes from xsi.and have no velocity data at all.

So its weird nextlimit write import node for xsi does not check velocity. whilst check vel when import into H

Guest xionmark

yes it comes from xsi.and have no velocity data at all.

So its weird nextlimit write import node for xsi does not check velocity. whilst check vel when import into H

So where is Real Flow in all of this ...?

Are you just trying to get geometry from XSI into Houdini? If so, save yourself a headache and use FBX, OBJ, etc. I can't tell you why the velocity data isn't being exported from the XSI plugins, I didn't write them.

• 7 months later...

Hello,

I tried to use houdini RF plugin on Windows 64bit.

My goal is to get something similar to the workflow I tested before between Lightwave and Realflow :

http://www.realflowforum.com/view_topic.php?id=3623

Basically, I create a realwave mesh and export it to Houdini.

I deform it in houdini and export again a .sd file to Realflow.

I script a custom wave to read the postion of each point of the .sd file and transfert it to the realwave mesh.

The issue comes from the RFexport Houdini plug.

It export verices instead of point. So, once in realflow the point's number doesn't with th realwave mesh anymore.

Maybe the RF importer should sop to import the .sd like polygon type primitive but like a mesh type primitive ... I dunno.

++

Vincent

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...