Fluid Smoke Dissipation

sam

Hi guys, I was wondering using a fluids smoke is there a way to control the rate at which the smoke dissipates over time? Like once its been emitted into the container is there a way to control how fast it dissolves or dissipates inside of the container?

thanks

Edited by sam

Hi guys, I was wondering using a fluids smoke is there a way to control the rate at which the smoke dissipates over time? Like once its been emitted into the container is there a way to control how fast it dissolves or dissipates inside of the container?

thanks

A couple easy ways to control it:

Gas Diffuse and Gas Calculate. Gas Diffuse will spread your gas around the container, eventually thinning it out to nothing. Gas Calculate will allow you to apply a multiplier to the density to fade the smoke out over time.

Both should be hooked up to the "sequel solvers" input of your smoke solver - won't work otherwise. You can use a multisolver to have both of them hooked up simultaneously.

Gas Calculate:

Set source/dest field to "density". Lower the "Post Mult" (many of the other mults will work, too) very slightly - say, 0.99.

Gas Diffuse:

Set the field to "density", give it a somewhat high (maybe 10) diffuse rate, so you can visualize its effect.

I kind of like a combination of the two - with 'relaxation' turned on in the gas diffuse.

• Like 3

• 10 months later...