Particle color from texture?

Korhon

Did try the search engine :)

But in the example file that you found its not using the uv from the object. Its using a boundinbox to project the texture to the grid.

I have a object that is made in maya and uvmapped. How can i use the uvmap that comes with the model?

And also when using the pointsop to add color to the geometry you have to have a hires mesh to get all the fine details from the texture.?

Is there a different approach thats not using the pointsop to create color atributtes?

Maybe is just me not understanding how this setup realy works :) Still new to Houdini!

Thanks!

Ok, sorry than.

It goes almost the same way. You can replace $BBX [Y] variable in expression (PointSOP) for $MAPU [V], or add ColorPOP with similar way. I turned off Point SOP and applied color in POP. Turn in back on to see the first path.

I think there are others way also. Expressions are little slow. It could be a problem with heavy geometry. Perhaps inheriting UV by particles and applying color in VEX would be better choice...

HTH,

sy.

particle_colors_skk.hipnc

Edited by SYmek